If you are interested in becoming involved in the dcm4che project, here are some ways to get started:
- Become active in the dcm4che Google Grouphttp://groups.google.com/group/dcm4chehttp://forums.dcm4che.org/jiveforums
- Contribute Javadoc for dcm4che code
- If you are not a project committer, then simply open a Github Pull request
- Contribute to the dcm4cheedcm4che2 DICOM Toolkit wiki spaces
- Browse the dcm4che issue tracking system (JIRA) and submit patches or provide useful comments on issues
- Download and use or test dcm4che or dcm4chee and submit issues you find to the dcm4che JIRA
- Also be sure to add your project, product, and/or company to the Who Uses dcm4che page
- Spread the word, and publicize the project!
As you can see, you don't need to be able to write code in order to contribute. If you do want to write code, then some of these items should help you get started and give the current developers confidence in your knowledge and abilities. Good luck and get involved!